Mercedes Stroke 8

Mercedes Benz (Daimler Benz) Stroke 8 w114/w115 Articles and links about the pretty 1968-1976 classic car 200 220 220D 230 240D 250 280 300D



Thursday, September 08, 2005

Miscellaneous Notes and Things

Hmm, when I bought my white 200, the clutch master cylinder was leaking, a £50 part from Mercedes Benz.

Or so you think.

Well, little known fact, many of the odd little parts like servo cylinders, joints, suspension rubbers etc, can be sourced from other German cars, in particular, the clutch and brake cylinders seemed to be shared by Volkswagen Beetles of the same vintage, which stands to reason, as they probably shared the same OEM manufacturer.

So when you're stuck for a part on your vintage Merc, take a look at period VWs, cos those parts are plentiful and still made new across the world!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm still using this VWs until now, and thank you volkswagen for being there for me since the start up of my business until now when it's growing. ha! can't believe how far I've grown.

8:27 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home